If you’re 55 and enjoy fellowship and fun together, then this might be the group for you!
55 ALIVE Pen Pal Outreach
Join us for our area Pen Pal Outreach to assisted living centers .
Jane Brannon serves as coordinator for this project. If you do not feel comfortable meeting in person, you may stop by the office and pick up cards to do at home. We will be practicing and following social distancing and covid19 protocols at all in person meetings.
Call in the office to let us know you would like to participate with us. (256-734-0344)
55 Alive Monthly Luncheons
9:30 fun time begins
11:00 program begins
11:30 devotion followed by lunch
We gather the third Thursday of each month in the Ruehl Building for our fun day/lunch day. Be sure to watch the church bulletin & your email each month for information on the monthly program. Bring a friend! Don’t be left out!! Come and fellowship with us!
55 Alive Monthly Travel
Whew!! So thankful that we have resumed our travel days for our monthly outings. Please know we will be very cautious and careful trying to keep everyone’s health and safety at the forefront. Outings will be evaluated on a monthly basis for the near future.
55Alive Travel Group takes to the highways and byways the fourth Thursday of each month for an exciting adventure with a FUN group! Call the office to sign up for trips.
Karen Hassell currently coordinates our month lunches and road trips each month.
2022 55Alive Outings: Watch for updates as we go along.
February 24 —Outlet Shops at Grand River, Lunch at Irondale Café and Buckee’s.
March 24 Roadtrip—Magnolia Hill Manor, Winchester Tn—-Southern Ladies Tea Party…and of course southern gentlemen are welcome as well!
- April 28 Roadtrip—- Davy Crockett State Park and Amish Country
- May 26 Roadtrip–Mudcreek Fish Camp, Hollywood Al, Unclaimed Baggage, Hammer’s and Payne’s Soda Shop.
- June 14 Roadtrip (Tuesday)—Southern Belle River Boat, Chattanooga, Tn live music, free bingo, double entrée lunch buffet.
- July 28 Roadtrip –Helen Keller Home, Historic St. John’s Episcopal Church, Ricatoni’s Italian Grill for lunch, Florence Indian Mound and Museum, and Throwbridges for ice cream delight for dessert
- August 25 –Sylacauga Al, Don and Gloria Hewett’s Lake House.
- September 22–Scott’s Orchard, Lunch at Mildred’s Buffet, Ardmore, Harrison Brother’s Hardware, Huntsville Botanical Gardens
- October 27— TBA
- November 22–TUESDAY– Shop til you drop at Opry Mills
- December 9-13 Roadtrip—Savannah, Ga. Christmas Time!
Questions??? See Karen Hassell or Call the office (256-734-0344) to sign up.
Contact Karen at email@example.com for more info.