Location: Cullman, AL
St. John’s Evangelical Protestant Church of Cullman, AL seeks an Associate Pastor to assist the Senior Pastor in overseeing the spiritual life of the congregation, promote the vision of the church, and help facilitate the growth of the church in our community.
St. John’s is Cullman’s oldest church, founded in 1874 as a Christian community built around worship, fellowship, and service. Today, St. John’s is part of the Evangelical Association of Reformed and Congregational Christian Churches. Through the years we’ve sought to be faithful to our high calling in Christ and to be a spiritual home for believers and seekers alike. Today we continue this mission as a beacon of grace and truth (John 1:14).
Candidates should display strong relationship-building and entrepreneurial gifts and skills with a heart and call to ministry and discipleship, demonstrating a desire to minister to church members, Little Lamb’s families (our preschool), and our community.
- Share overall pastoral duties, including preaching, teaching, assisting in worship, discipling, and strategizing for the future of the church
- Provide primary leadership over adult ministries (Sunday school, Christian education, small groups, and overall group life activities)
- Provide guidance to the missions team
- Ensure volunteers are continuing to grow in St. John’s core values and vision
- Serve as a motivating, inspiring, and engaging mentor to Little Lambs (preschool) families regularly as part of a larger plan for the spiritual development of those families, students, and children.
- Disciple and support members of St John’s by assisting with pastoral care responsibilities (e.g. visitations, personal visits, phone calls, weddings, funerals, etc.)
- Coordinate with and support staff ministry efforts
- Provide Biblical counseling, prayer, and ministry to people as needed
- Christian by affirmation of faith and example with a demonstrated passion for the calling of ministry
- Evidence of Christian character in personal and professional life, with lived-out spiritual disciplines and participation in the life of the church
- Models a strong relationship and Christian character with spouse and children
- Exhibits the gifts of leadership, teaching, and preaching with noted strengths in discipleship development and evangelism
- A professional and personable person who prioritizes people and relationships with the ability to reach and connect with people
- A self-starter who is patient and friendly with a positive, encouraging, and supportive personality
- Affirms St. John’s core beliefs as rooted in Holy Scripture (see church website https://sjepc.com/beliefs/ and constitution Article 4)
- Ordained minister or qualified for ordination, seminary preferred
Cullman is located beautifully in North Central Alabama along Interstate 65, roughly an hour north of Birmingham and an hour south of Huntsville, and is known for its rich German heritage, early agricultural success, widespread industry, and the famous shrine, the Ave Maria Grotto.
Cullman is a growing and thriving small town with an affordable cost of living. For more information, or to submit a resume, please contact email@example.com.